Saturday, May 1, 2010

it's gettin hot in here...


As I write this, I'm quite sweaty. It was in the mid-70s when I did my run this morning and wowzers, did I notice a difference from the 60-65 degree weather I've been enjoying. I guess I will have to get used to it, as today is May 1st and summer is just around the corner! What are the best ways you deal with the heat when you are exercising outside?

This weekend we have some guests- my parents, sister and brother-in-law and my two nephews. We are having a great time enjoying the sun and sand and the boys are as cute as ever. However I am having to remind myself that just because we have company doesn't mean my training can be put on hold for a few days. Yesterday I ran my 1.5 and this morning I ran 3.5. Sadly this means missing out on spending some time with the family, but they are super supportive and in the end it will be worth it.

Special shout out to my nephew Jake, who turns 5 tomorrow! Happy birthday to him!



No comments:

Post a Comment