Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Treadmills = not my friend

Tonight since it looked like it was threatening rain, I decided to go to the gym and use one of the treadmills. It was only a 1.5 mile run and I figured I could push through my disdain for treadmills. Yeah, not so much. Run FAIL. I managed to eek out .75 of a mile and walked .5. I also hopped on the elliptical for 15 minutes.

I'm trying not to get too down on myself about it. After all, I have a positive for today - I started logging my calories with sparkpeople.com again.

Tomorrow is a 3 mile run and I will definitely be doing it outside! At least now I know that unless it's a torrential downpour, I should deal with a few raindrops and get my outside run on.

2 comments:

  1. I also struggle with the treadmill! I wonder what it is... I can definitely run a mile outside and at about 1/2 mile, I am dying on the tm.
    we will succeed! Let me know if you come up with any tricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my trick is...quitting the gym so I am left with only outdoor running. May regret this decision in mid-July....

    ReplyDelete