Saturday, May 8, 2010

Switcheroo

I decided to switch my Saturday and Sunday workouts this week. So instead of running 3.0 today, I had to walk for 40 minutes. I decided that I didn't want to just walk, so I went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the elliptical.

I switched things up for a few reasons. Mainly, because of blood sugar issues. I woke up this morning and my blood sugar was 42, which is super low. So I had two monstrous bowls of Honey Nut cheerios and checked it again an hour later. It was up to 162, which is in the OK range, however, I was nervous about it dropping again while I was out running alone. I really prefer it to be closer to 200 when I go on a longer run, as exercise makes your blood sugar levels drop. So I decided it'd be safer for me to go to the gym, where at least there are people around in case something happened. It is also really hot out and I was afraid that the heat would have an effect on my blood sugar as well. Normally this isn't a major concern, but as my levels were already a little unstable this morning, I decided to play it safe. So tomorrow I will be doing my 3 miles.

I need to order a fanny pack thingie for my glucometer and some goos. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have a great Saturday - I am off to the beach for a bit! This girl needs a tan!

1 comment:

  1. IFitness: http://www.ifitnessinc.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=2

    ReplyDelete