Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a weekend!

We have had a really nice weekend. On Friday Night Matt and I went to First Friday in Manteo. It is a monthly thing where a lot of the shops and vendors have some specials and sell artwork and raise money for things like Haiti relief, etc. It was nice to walk around and scope out some of Matt's photography competition (he will wipe the floor with 'em) and learn a bit more about Manteo. Afterwards we went to Awful Arthurs and had a yummy seafood dinner. I love seafood and I am so lucky to live right by the ocean!!

From my previous post you can see that my run on Saturday didn't go as planned and I switched the days up. So I ran 3.3 this morning in 46:34, which is my fastest for that specific run so far. I felt pretty good - the weather was great, 63* and very low humidity. There were tons of people out taking strolls so it was nice to exchange some "good mornings" with some locals and vacationers.

However, as I was running I was coming upon a couple who was walking towards me. The girl was probably a size 0 - very fit. Good for her. As I ran by she gave me the dirtiest, most disgusted look. It really pissed me off. Yeah, I know I'm overweight and when I run my toosh jiggles and things bounce around, but seriously?! Whenever I see someone out exercising, no matter what their size or activity level, I always think "Good for them". I really wanted to tell the girl to shove it and at least I am doing something about my physical condition. *sigh*.

But whatever. I am not going to let some nasty chick ruin my day.

1 comment:

  1. I am super proud of you.. and EW to nasty chick! You should have "accidently" tripped her!

    ReplyDelete